Delivering a baby is an experience in a lifetime which results in an emotional, mental and physical effort. The first time when a mother embraces her baby it gives her a moment of immense happiness but a postnatal care in ayurveda is required for both the new mother and her baby after delivery. Ayurveda gives detailed guidance regarding the care that has to be taken for Soothika Paricharya including specific dietary guideline, lifestyle advice during this extremely sensitive situation.
The necessary ayurvedic postpartum care is that after delivery, the mother will be weak, susceptible and sensitive because she has provided nourishment and energy to the baby during its entire development with a lot of exertion resulting in fatigue of labor and blood loss. Any health problem which arises during this time could be hard to treat, and in rare cases, it would be impossible to cure. Administering unique remedies taking care of her body along with her mental strength can provide an essential care and attention right from the beginning of the ayurvedic postpartum care.
Why is Postnatal Care in Ayurveda Important?
The first 45 days after birth lay the groundwork for both the mother and the baby’s health for the next 45 years according to Ayurveda. The postpartum period is usually between 6 – 8 weeks from the day of delivery.
The three postpartum phases (Soothika Paricharya) are considered to be highly sensitive as Ayurveda plays a major emphasis on encouraging boosting immunity, fast healing, and improving the production of milk.
Moreover, the importance of Soothika Paricharya, the postnatal care in ayurveda is to bring the women’s health status to pre pregnant state and prevent complaints during Sutika kala such as backache, loss of appetite, urinary tract infection, anger, thirst, anxiety, depression, disturbed sleep, etc.
What are the Three Postpartum Phases?
The three postpartum phases Soothika Paricharya, ayurveda postnatal care includes:
- 1st 10 days – A new mother will require special attention because she will be extremely tired after the delivery with vaginal bleeding.
- 1ST 45 days – It is vital to follow the guidelines to help the uterus contract to its normal size again. Diets, medications, and body care ensures that adequate production of breast milk is recommended at this time.
- Until the appearance of menstruation – The recommencement of menstruation is included in the post-partum period. Here the women are ‘Soothika’ during this entire phase. Paying attention to behavior, diet and lifestyle carefully ensures the adequate production of breast milk besides maintaining hormonal imbalance. These further aids to overcome weight gain and helps to regain her formal physical shape.
Ayurveda diet Tips for Postnatal Care
As per your stomach related framework, you should accept Sesame oil for example Until oil and ghee for example explained margarine in the wake of blending it in with panchkola. When this combination has been processed, you should drink rice slop and milk that is sedated with Vidharigandhadi Gana or panchkola. Aside from these, you should polish off jaggery water for about seven days. Following seven days, you should eat food varieties that are effectively edible to assist you with recapturing your solidarity.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Soothika Paricharya
- Massage – Every morning for about 25 – 30 minutes after sedation of bleeding, oil should be applied all over the body especially to the waist, back and breasts until the oil fully absorbs in the skin at the time of ayurveda postnatal care.
- Cover the ears – Protect the ears with a scarf and ensure not to expose the ears to the wind or cold air from an air conditioner or fan for Soothika Paricharya.
- Ghee and Butter milk – It is given to the new mother to heal her wounds and give her instant energy during post pregnancy care ayurvedic.
- Methi (Fenugreek seeds) – It can be taken in various forms like laddu up to 45 days of delivery to restore the uterus to its normal size and enhance the breast milk quality. Also, fenugreek seeds have a lot of iron and vitamin K content to help the new mother regain her health.
- Milk – Sufficient amount of milk should be taken to produce ample breast milk. A cup of milk with Shatavari Kalpa at least twice or thrice a day.
- Panchamrut – It should be taken with almonds as it has tremendous benefits to pass on the baby indirectly through breast milk during Soothika Paricharya to avoid causing heaviness in the stomach.
- Vegetables and Eggs – Gourds like bottle gourd, bitter gourd and drumsticks can aid the body of a new mother to correct the hormonal imbalances during ayurveda postnatal care.
- Spinach and Beetroot – These will be given as super foods during post pregnancy care ayurvedic as it has rich content of iron, vitamin K and vitamin A, calcium and beta- carotenes.
- Dry fruits – Dry fruits such as cashew, raisins, almonds and walnuts should be included for Soothika Paricharya as they are rich in good cholesterol, vitamin E and energy to keep the mother strong
- Ayurvedic medicines – Dashamool, Devadarvyadi Kwatha, Saubhagya Sunthi Pak, Jeerakadhyarista, and Shatavari Kalpa are given as well.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts?
The Do’s and Don’ts of Soothika Paricharya include the following:
- Massage daily with Vatahara oil
- Take bath in warm water
- Keep the breasts and perineum clean and hygienic
- Fumigate the surroundings with herbal plants
- Wrap soft cotton cloth over the abdomen
- Breast feed properly during ayurvedic postpartum care.
- Avoid factors like Vvyama (Exercise), Krodha (Anger), Maithun (Sexual intercourse) and Sheetasevan (Breezy things).
- Exercise has to be avoided during Soothika Paricharya because women experience a lot of emotional and physical stress during labor.
- Emotional imbalance like anger, fear and depression badly affect lactation should be avoided during post pregnancy care ayurvedic.
- Sexual intercourse can cause strain and friction of genital tract which is already weakened and lacerated during the process of labor resulting in bleeding, injury and infection.
- Consumption of cold things during Soothika Paricharya can aggravate Vata dosha.
- Avoid spicy or hot foods as it can lead to constipation and delay the recovery of the uterus during ayurveda postnatal care.
- Also, never include caffeine, alcohol and nicotine in your ayurvedic postnatal care diet as they can reach the baby through breast milk and harm the baby.
What Can We Offer?
Rajeshwari Ayurdhama is designed to provide the mother and the newborn a peaceful, calm and hygienic recovery space during this very stressful period. We have a great team of qualified physicians who ensure to take 24×7 care of the entire delivery process. The diet chart provided by us includes various food preparations recommended as per post pregnancy care ayurvedic. The therapeutic procedures offered by us for Soothika Paricharya include:
- Abhyanga (Oil Massage)
- Udaraveshtana (Wrapping of cloth uniformly)
- Parisheka (Medicated Bath)
Besides that, we also provide medical kit to the mother and baby during Soothika Paricharya that comprises Oja Vardhaka (immunity boosters), Stanya Vardhaka (breast milk enhancers) for the mother; Suvarna Prashana and Medhya (Brain tonic) for the new born babies.
Points of Post Natal Consideration
- To reestablish the agni.
- Standardize the vata.
- Advance the nature of bosom milk.
- To keep away from effort.
- Diet ought to be exceptionally light.
- To quiet the vata, vitiated oil kneads are suggested.
Benefits of Soothika Paricharya
The various benefits of Soothika Paricharya include:
- It helps regain muscle strength which in turn reduces low back ache and brings the body back to normal pre pregnancy state.
- It improves digestion and metabolism.
- It promotes weight loss.
- It helps in proper and effective lactation.
- It aids in easy involution of the uterus.
- Moreover, Soothika Paricharya reduces the pigmentation due to hormonal variation during pregnancy and thereby gives radiant glow to the skin care routine.
Thus, if any one who wish to take care of the new mother and the newborn, one can approach Rajeshwari Ayurdhama for Soothika Paricharya as it would be the best option to achieve Garbhashyashuddhi, Sthanya vriddhi and Dhatu paripurnata to avoid complications during postnatal care in ayurveda.
Read also Best Ayurvedic Center in Bangalore