Shiro means head and Abhyanga refers to an Ayurvedic massage. Shiro Abhyanga is a ayurvedic procedure involving a technique of the application of warm, herb-infused oil over the head with a gentle massage.
The Shiro Abhyanga is a traditional Ayurvedic therapy. The Shiro Abhyanga is a powerful Ayurvedic dinacharya with multiple health and hair benefits.
It is one of the most relaxing and stress relieving procedures
Shiro Abhyanga focuses on areas such as head, shoulders and neck. These are the areas that are thought to be most affected by stress and hence Shiro Abhyanga is beneficial in reducing pain and stress in these areas.
It is one treatment among the four main Murdhni Taila (head oil applications); the three others are Shiro Dhara, Shiro Pichu and Shiro Basti.
Various oils are used according to varying body constitutions and disease conditions.
With Shiro Abhyanga, the oil is absorbed into the deepest tissues of the scalp, nourishing the hair and skin and infusing the medicinal effect of the herbs into deeper layers of the body.
It is a part of the daily Ayurveda regimen for good health (Dinacharya).
- Shiro Abhyanga is excellent for hair health and makes the hair grow stronger, thicker and more luxurious.
- It enhances blood circulation, reduces stress and fatigue.
- It enriches the quality of sleep .
- Prevents premature greying of hair.
- It has a profound effect on the brain and nervous system; it improves sleep, prevents memory loss, improves concentration, and helps in proper functioning of sense organs.
- It is effective in scalp conditions such as dryness, dandruff etc.
- It is useful in many Vata disorders, diseases of the head and sense organs, also in psychosomatic diseases.
- Hair fall, dandruff, scalp conditions, premature greying of hair,
- Mental stress, fatigue, headache, migraines,
- Psychological disorders- Anxiety, depression etc
- Memory loss, poor attention or concentration,
- Diseases of sense organ dysfunction
- Paralysis, hemiplegia, facial palsy
- Ophthalmic disorders
Duration: 30 minutes to 60 minutes.