The transition of seasons from the hot and cold makes everyone susceptible to infections because the body changes as per the climate. According to the theory of immunity in Ayurveda, this seasonal change is called the beej-bhumi theory which means “seed and land”. This theory explains that if the body is piled up with Ama (toxins) and lacks Ojas (vigour) then the body serves as a fertile place for infections to spread, similar to the that is fertile to sprout seeds.
As per Ayurveda, strong immunity is a result of better digestion, metabolism (agni), healthy liver functioning, and a balance hormonal function. Immunity is related to Ojas which means vigour in Sanskrit.
- Abhyanga (Medicated herbal oil massages)
- Bashpa Sweda (Steam bath)
- Shastika shali pinda sweda
- Sneha basthi
- Ksheera dhooma
- Shiro abhyanga (head massage)
- Internal Herbal Medicines
- Enhances blood circulation
- Improves immunity
- Improves metabolic activities of the body
- Rejuvenates body and mind.