Takradhara comes under the special ayurvedic treatment shirodhara where medicated buttermilk is poured in a continuous stream or in a rhythmic motion over the forehead. The main aim is to provide relief from tension, headache or other mental issues. This popular ayurvedic treatment procedure is well-known for its cooling properties to make an ideal detoxification treatment.
At Rajeshwari Ayurdhama, our Takradhara treatment benefits include: improved skin health routine, better provide relief from tension, headache, mental issues, stimulation of the nerve endings on the forehead, and much more.
Who Can Take Takradhara?
The Takradhara treatment is often recommended for people suffering from skin disorders, insomnia, digestive issues, premature graying of hairs, fatigue, tiredness, headache, low immunity, cracks and fissures in the hands and foot, urinary disorders, fragile joints, heart diseases, sluggish metabolism, ear and eye diseases, psoriasis, pitta and vata predominant disorders, loss of memory, hair loss or hair fall, paralysis, dandruff besides who have stress and issues in the nervous system.
The mental and physical health is well-maintained while considering the Takradhara treatment benefits because the ayurvedic experts use warm herbal oils and herbal buttermilk to stimulate and soothe the hypothalamus, to induce sleep and also regulate the functions of the pituitary gland.
Types of Takradhara
- Takra Shiro Dhara – Dhara done over the patient’s head – useful in migraine, headache, hypertension, etc.
- Taka Ekanga Dhara – Dhara which is done over a portion of the body – a limb afflicted with psoriasis.
- Takra Kaya Dhara – It is also called Sarvanga Takradhara which is done for the whole body – useful for fatigue or stress.
Takradhara Treatment Process
To administer this ayurvedic treatment, the medicated buttermilk is put into a vessel and is slowly streamed into the patient’s forehead. It is significant to take precautions to guarantee that the stream is directed to the right location. The device will be placed between the brows and above the center of the forehead’s crease.
During this time, the pituitary gland gets stimulated. The forehead which has significant nerve endings makes the particular area sensitive where the nerves system gets stimulated as a result of Takradhara treatment benefits. It has a calming effect on the mind and tremendously makes a cooling impact to the body in order to treat a wide range of illnesses and conditions.
The entire duration for the Takradhara treatment is performed for about 45 – 60 minutes at a time of continuous basis which means one sitting is enough to avail the Takradhara treatment benefits. The treatment procedure may vary from individual to individual based on the type and severity of the disease.
Sometimes, it is practiced for a period of 7 – 14 days or for a longer period at a reasonable Takradhara treatment cost as advised by the ayurvedic therapist from the best ayurvedic centre in Bangalore.
Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
To experience the whole Takradhara treatment benefits, the patient has to follow a proper diet and maintain a healthy lifestyle as advised by the ayurvedic experts from the best ayurvedic centre in Bangalore. Some of them include:
- The patient is not recommended to have a stomach full of food. Fried, refrigerated and heavy foods should be avoided. Instead, hot and fresh food is advised. Hot water should be used for drinking or bathing purposes.
- Intake of liquid diet added with cumin seeds, ginger, etc should be given. Including rice gruel or green gram gruel can enhance the Takradhara treatment benefits. Buttermilk mixed with ghee and Trikatu Churna is prescribed.
- Long distance walks and performing heavy exercise is advised. The patient should not sleep for long and also the head position should not be too high or too low. Avoid speaking loudly and keep away from emotional highs and lows.
Benefits of Takradhara
The best ayurvedic centre in Bangalore provides Takradhara treatment for the patients as there are multiple Takradhara treatment benefits which is highly effective in alleviating the disorders that affect both the mental and physical health. Some of them are:
- Takradhara improves blood circulation and stimulates the internal organs besides producing the white blood cells which play a key role in maintaining the immunity
- It calms the mind and improves the skin texture which in turn helps to reduce stress, hypertension or anxiety.
- It alleviates anorexia and improves the digestive system.
- Takradhara treatment benefits not only improves the overall quality of sleep but also reduces the amount of heat in the body.
- It stimulates its effect on the nervous system and improves one’s capacity to think clearly.
- The goal of this therapy is to treat chronic skin diseases like psoriasis to have a curative effect on the diseased area of the body.
- It prevents the graying of the hair, gets rid of migraine and is very helpful in depression, and other stress-related ailments.
- Moreover, Takradhara treatment benefits include rejuvenating the face and softening the wrinkles besides increasing spiritual awareness.
Complications of Takradhara Treatment
There are no side effects except Takradhara treatment benefits which means the treatment can be well-tolerated. Sometimes, it leads to exemptions wherein the patients may develop cold and cold-related symptoms like chills. In such cases, the ayurvedic doctors will suspend the treatment for a short duration and restart it again.
There may be an initial reaction to the treatment procedure especially in the first attempt but it will be waned down in the successive attempts.
Thus, in the best ayurvedic centre in Bangalore like the Rajeshwari Ayurdhama, treatments and therapies are provided at the affordable Takradhara treatment cost by the qualified ayurvedic therapists to improve the patient’s health or wellbeing.
When it comes to treatment, Takradhara is one of the simple and powerful healing therapies recommended for patients with various mental and physical issues but at the same time it is generally advised to follow an ayurvedic lifestyle while undergoing our treatments to get long-lasting Takradhara treatment benefits.