Acne breakouts, dark circles, pigmentation, inflammation, dry skin, and whatnot! It’s a never-ending list when you consider the skin problems. A healthy skin depends on your lifestyle practices, diet, and a regular skincare routine which is suitable as your skin type. Internal imbalances can affect the skin’s health. The skin ayurveda treatment brings out the healthiest version of your skin with the aid of natural remedies.
How Ayurveda Can Support Your Skincare Routine
The ayurvedic centre in Bangalore like the Rajeshwari Ayurdhama ensures an individual to get the entire support to maintain a healthy and radiant skin.
Some of the ways how the skin ayurveda treatment helps you choose the most suitable skin care routine with herbal products to balance the specific elevated doshas include:
Help You Find the Ayurvedic Skin Type
According to Ayurveda, every individual is the congregation of three life energies: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, to govern the physical and mental systems. While these doshas may vary in unique proportions for each person, the dominating doshas will have a major impact on the person’s psychophysical health and characteristics. These doshas have to be balanced during the skin ayurveda treatment to keep your skin and body healthy.
In terms of skin type, the ayurvedic skin treatment in Bangalore can vary:
- A person with dominant Vata dosha will have a sensitive skin more prone to rough or dry skin texture, wrinkles, etc.
- A person with dominant Pitta dosha will have skin more prone to sunburns, acne, freckles, etc.
- A person with dominant Kapha dosha can have naturally oily skin and produce excessive sweat. These people may have a greasy skin texture.
The skin ayurveda treatment indulges in aiding you to choose the right products for your skin type to dominate the doshas in your body.
Help You Develop a Regular Skin Care Ritual
The ayurvedic centre in Bangalore usually recommends a regimen that includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing twice a day using the right herbal products for the skin type.
Cleansing and Exfoliation
Regular cleansing is a must for skin ayurveda treatment in order l to remove excessive dirt, pollutants, and dead cells from the skin. You will be asked to use herbal DIY face cleansers and gentle exfoliants as per your elevated doshas.
- For Vata Dominant Skin: Mix a spoon of almond powder and ½ spoon of coconut milk. Then, apply it to your face with a gentle massage for a few minutes. Later, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- For Pitta Dominant Skin: Prepare a thick paste with a mix of ½ spoon of neem powder, a spoon of lentil flour, and a spoon of water. Exfoliate your skin using this paste and rinse it off with cool water.
- For Kapha Dominant Skin: Add ½ spoon of honey, ½ spoon of lemon juice and apply it to your face. Wait for 5 minutes and rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Toning is followed during the ayurvedic skin treatment in Bangalore to close the opened pores during the cleansing process. This process removes any pollutant that may have remained on your skin after the cleansing process.
Rose water can be an ideal toner for any skin type. Take some rose water and use it as a face mist on pat dried skin, after the process of cleansing. It gives an instant plump effect to your cheeks.
Most of the skin problems can be avoided when the skin ayurveda treatment recommends you to use a moisturizer regularly on the skin. Moisturization keeps your skin hydrated and maintains healthy skin cells. It relieves your skin from breakouts, irritation, and acne.
- For Vata Dominant Skin: The ayurvedic centre in Bangalore helps you choose a deep nourishing moisturizer containing herbs such as aloe vera, vetiver, bakuchi, etc.
- For Pitta Dominant Skin: You can opt a moisturizer with cooling herbs such as kamala, neem, vetiver, etc.
- For Kapha Dominant Skin: You can go for a light moisturizer with herbs such as manjistha, lodhra, kamala, etc.
Helps You Do (Abhyanga) Self-Massage For Nourishment
The ayurvedic skin treatment in Bangalore recommends for an oil massage therapy (abhyanga) for at least half an hour before bathing. This procedure involves massaging your body with warm ayurvedic oils that pacifies your elevated doshas.
Besides that, it nourishes your skin tissues with improved blood circulation. The Vata dominant people can use sesame oil, Pitta dominant people can use coconut oil and Kapha dominant people can use sunflower oil to do abhyanga.
Also, the skin ayurveda treatment indulges in using nourishing essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, chamomile, rosemary, etc. in your skincare products. Add about 4-5 drops of any of these essential oils to your body wash or moisturizer. You can also dilute these essential oils in carrier oils (sesame or coconut oil) and use them for self-massage or abhyanga.
Help You Maintain The Right Diet
Eating the right diet is essential for maintaining a balance in your doshas. Every food that is recommended in the ayurvedic skin treatment in Bangalore has specific properties that regulate your doshas. Hence, you should consume foods that bring your elevated doshas to balance.
Eating vegetables such as asparagus, lettuce, radish, carrot, cucumber, fennel tips, etc. regularly would be beneficial for any skin type. The skin ayurveda treatment includes sunflower seeds, flax seeds and almonds in your diet based on your doshas to achieve a radiant skin.
- Lower the usage of sugar and salt. These ingredients may damage the collagen in your skin and cause early aging and uneven skin tones eventually.
- Eat only freshly prepared meals and never eat junk or pre-processed foods.
- Eat mindful meals in a cosy corner. Do not indulge in watching TV or talking while you eat your food.
- Drink water half an hour before and after your food. Avoid drinking water while eating.
Also, adding herbs like fennel, cumin, lemon, ginger, coriander, etc. can help you maintain healthy skin
Helps Your Skin to Protect from Sun Exposure
An extension of moisturizing, the most important skin care product recommended during the skin ayurveda treatment is the sunscreen. By using sun protection, the appearance of fine lines and imperfections in skin texture can be highly minimized.
Though your skin needs a bit of sun exposure to synthesize the dose of vitamin D for your body, excessive sun exposure may cause an aggravation in Vata and Pitta doshas resulting in wrinkles, tanning, hyperpigmentation, and sunburn.
To protect your skin from the sun, apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 daily, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. It is usually recommended to apply sunscreen at least every two hours. Sunscreen is the most crucial part which is suggested by the ayurvedic centre in Bangalore and one should use it every day to maintain a healthy skin.
Thus, the skin ayurveda treatment emphasizes lifestyle, diet and skin care regimen to bring ease and equilibrium to your doshas, which reflect on healthy and vibrant healthy skin. Begin your journey of achieving healthy skin by opting for the best ayurvedic centre in Bangalore to understand the dominating doshas in your body. At Rajeshwari Ayurdhama, we customize an ayurvedic skincare regimen that suits according to your skin type by analysing your skin and doshas.
Read also Best Panchakarma Centre in Bangalore